Admission to Jigme Namgyel Polytechnic
1. The Royal University of Bhutan will carry out its admissions to the Colleges/Institutes of the University online as done in 2008 and 2009. Admission to each of the programmes will be based on merit as in the past years. As soon as the Bhutan Higher Secondary Examination Certificate (BHSEC- class 12) results are declared, the online application will be available on RUB website (www.rub.edu.bt). We urge all class 12 students who would like to seek admission to any of the colleges and institutes of the Royal University of Bhutan to apply from any place where you have access to internet facility.
2. All 2010 class XII qualified students from school in Bhutan as well as students from schools outside Bhutan and students from past years who wish to seek admission to the colleges/institutes of Royal University of Bhutan will be eligible to apply online.
3. The online application will open from 10 February 2011 and will close at 4pm, 25 February 2011. To apply online you have to
- Read carefully the instruction to Users
- Scroll the button till the page asks for your index number
- Type your index number and then click Login button or enter key
- If you have already applied then the page will show you the merit ranking for which you are qualified. But if you are using on-line for the first time, then you must fill up the entire space with your correct details and then click the submit button. After this, the page will display your information.
4. Students from schools outside Bhutan who have not taken Dzongkha as a subject will be required to sit for a Dzongkha test on 01 February 2011 at the Office of the Vice Chancellor in Thimphu.
5. Selection of students for the colleges/institutes will be completed and the results declared through website as follows:
- College of Science and Technology; Gaeddu College of Business Studies; National Institute of Traditional Medicine; Institute of Language and Culture Studies (for
- ILCS students) – 4 March 2011.
- Sherubtse College; Institute of Language and Culture Studies (for BHSEC students) – 10 March 2011.
- Paro College of Education; Samtse College of Education – 15 March 2011.
- Royal Institute of Health Sciences; College of Natural Resources; Jigme Namgyel Polytechnic; Royal Institute of Management; Institute of Language and Culture Studies (for diploma programme) – 2 April 2011.
- 6.1. All qualified students seeking admission will require the following documents:
- 6.1.1. Citizenship Identity Card
- 6.1.2. Class 10 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- 6.1.3. Class 12 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- 6.2. All those students from schools outside Bhutan and students from past years seeking admission must submit copies of the above documents by 29 January 2011 tothe Registrar, Office of the Vice Chancellor in Thimphu.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 04:20